The Safeline factory is located in Gauteng, South Africa and has a staff complement of over 190 employees.
Safeline has invested substantially in expanding our product offering and boasts a range of passenger, 4×4, SUV, LCV and taxi brake pads.
Safeline has a loyal customer base that extends over two decades. Our brake pads are distributed through all major automotive distributors in South Africa and into parts of Africa, namely Namibia, Botswana, Mozambique, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
As a leading local brake pad manufacturer, Safeline continues to set the benchmark in brake technology and safe braking systems.
Safeline is your safe fitment choice!
AMS Fade test, an internationally recognised test to determine braking distance, was conducted on Safeline and three leading competitor brake pad brands.
- 10 consecutive stops were performed from 100km/hr – 0km/hr with a 20-second interval between each stop.
- Maximum pedal pressure was applied to achieve deceleration of 9m/s² (just before lock-up).
- Brake pads reached 100°C after the first stop and increased to temperatures between 550 – 600°C by the 10th stop.
- The stopping distance for each stop was recorded.
- Safeline came to a complete stop at 49m, whilst the vehicles fitted with competitor pads were still travelling at the following speeds:
Competitor A: 42.4 km/hr
Competitor B: 42.2 km/hr
Competitor C: 41.8 km/hr